MindStream Company utilizes extensive training from mindful schools, UMASS medical's MBSR eight-week stress reduction program and Gina's personal experience of coping and thriving through a traumatic event, both physically and mentally.
Put your brain/mind in a position of strength, and explore the stress reduction meditation practice. Gina personally calls it " Mind-Fitness Training." For those that are willing to actively engage in a solid foundation for stress, anxiety and chronic pain management, we welcome your participation in a variety of programs. *structured classes, private and company programs are available.
History of Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction:
In 1979, the University of Massachusetts Stress Reduction Clinic introduced meditation into mainstream medicine. Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) is based on a form of meditation known as mindfulness. Mindfulness is a basic human quality, a way of learning to pay wise attention to whatever is happening in your life, that allows a greater sense of connection to your life inwardly and outwardly. Mindfulness is also a practice, a systematic method aimed at cultivating clarity, focus, and understanding. In the context of your health, mindfulness is a way for you to hard-wire a life tool and a way to take better care of yourself by exploring and understanding the interplay of mind, body and spirit. "the brain science is out and social proof is undeniable." - Gina Jackson-
Nearly three decades of scientific research at medical centers across the world show that training in mindfulness practices can positively and profoundly reduce medical symptoms & psychological distress while learning to live life more fully.
What to Expect:
The course schedule consists of weekly classes and one day-long class on a Saturday or Sunday. This highly participatory, practical course includes:
• Guided instruction in several meditation practices (you will find your favorite)
• Group dialogue and discussions aimed at enhancing awareness in everyday life
• Gentle stretching and mindful movement
• Individually tailored instruction and course material can be modified
• Home practice CD, book & manual (included in fee)
This skill based program is challenging and powerful. The instructor has formal training and thousands of hours practice and direct experience to offer. You will feel supported in a straight forward no-nonsense way. Gina understands that when you are in physical pain or emotional distress you don't want to hear a novel, just the cliff notes will do. You can expect someone who is deeply passionate about sharing what she knows within the proper context of a class environment.
Who Benefits from MBSR/mindful schools curricula:
The Stress Reduction Program has benefited adults and teens reporting a variety of conditions and concerns:
• Stress – including work, school, family, financial, illness, aging, grief, uncertainty about the future, and feeling “out of control”.
• Medical Conditions – including chronic illness or pain, high blood pressure, back pain, cancer, asthma, GI distress, skin disorders, hot flashes and more.
• Psychological Distress – anxiety, impulse control, depression, fatigue, sleep disturbances, 12 step programs, stress from re-entry from detention.
•All who are dedicated are welcome. Sliding scale is available.
Interested individuals and organizations please submit your request via email.